8 ounces red or Yukon Gold potatoes (diced into quarter-inch pieces)
vegetable oil spray
1 small onion (diced)
¼ medium red bell pepper, diced
¼ medium green bell pepper, diced
1/8 teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Place diced potatoes in a glass bowl and put the bowl in the microwave. Set for one minute on high. After the minute is up, stir the potatoes and let rest. (The microwaving is optional but will save you time. Alternatively, steam the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray lightly with oil and when the pan is hot add the diced onion. Cook, tossing frequently, until the onions begin to turn a light brown.
3. Add the peppers and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing frequently.
4. While the onions are cooking, repeat the first step with the potatoes twice. Cook them for one minute on high, remove the bowl, stir and let rest in between each minute of cooking, about 3 minutes.
5. When the onions have browned, add the potatoes, salt and pepper to the pan. Spray lightly with oil one more time and toss the home fries until the potatoes are lightly browned.
Per Serving: Calories 108; Fat 0 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 155 mg; Carbohydrates 25 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 3 g; Sugars 4 g.
*Recipe courtesy of DrGourmet.com.